400g whole almonds
115g runny honey
A pinch of salt
100g granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Heat the honey in the microwave on full power for 30 seconds.
3. Put the almonds in a large bowl and pour over the honey. Add the salt and half the sugar. Mix well.
4. Place the coated almonds on the baking tray in a single layer. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Make sure to stir the whole tray, so the nuts on the edges don’t burn.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 2-3 minutes.
6. Sprinkle over half the sugar and mix well. It is a good idea to move them to new baking parchment at this stage, so that they don’t clump together so much. Then sprinkle over the remaining sugar and allow to cool.
You can put them in pretty bags or boxes to give as presents!